Wednesday, December 21, 2005

How much is much too much?




I could not run off to the gym today and workout as I got a frantic call from home which sent me hurtling back at lightspeed. Turns out Joshua's been crying a lot today. So much that while his mom struggled to change his nappies as fast as she could, he just went on crying then, all of a sudden he.... just quit.

And went stiff.

That was enough to make DefCon One and just enough to make me a bit more like the animal scum who drive along the roads of Manila everyday.

Long story done, it turned out that upon confirming with his pedia, babies of Josh's age tend to get traumatized by "overcrying". This is not in any way fatal or approximating a seizure but they tend to get stiff out of too much crying. In tagalog, we say "napuruhan" (lit: had too much)
nothing serious, just very very alarming.

This said and done, I chalk one more new thing learned today. I'm sure the road will be filled with more and more lessons. I hope they come cheaply as this one today. I always fear the lessons in life which come with an expensive cost.

As for Josh, he's a tough kid. Always been a fighter even only after a few seconds of birth... (but thats for another story next time...) I keep forgetting infants are tough. Thank God for that. Maybe its the guardian angels who are always looking over their shoulders.

The only real bad thing about this is that it really stresses Ana out. Hope she gets to chill out soon as motherhood, I found out at least in this early stage, can be taxing.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Gravelcat said...

Hmmm, my niece Lilo hasn't experienced this yet. She actually enjoys being fussed over. More pix at my blog :)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home